View Single Post
Old 03.01.2016, 10:19 AM   #942
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I grew up during the 80's when the punk and independent bands did their own thing and kept prices low at the door. I absolutely HATED going to see Nine Inch Nails and seeing that they were selling shitty fucking t-shirts for $45 (in 1992 dollars!) What a rip-off. No entertainer is worth that bullshit.

For around a decade and a half I would not go to any shows that cost more than $20 for a ticket, and I got to see Mr. Bungle, Fugazi, Dinosaur, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney, Nirvana, RHCP, Skinny Puppy, MInistry, etc., not to mention countless smaller acts.

The only reason I deigned to pay $100 a ticket to go see an octogenarian was because my wife has been a lifelong Tony Bennett fan and she had never seen him perform...

Yeah. $20 for a ticket is fair for a good band. I've seen plenty of bands for that amount or less. Nirvana, SY, Dino here too. But I've usually paid around $30-35. One of the last times I saw SY the ticket was $35. But I've only spent $100 or more a handful of times, usually at festivals for multiple day passes.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|