View Single Post
Old 02.28.2016, 10:06 AM   #930
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Here's a confession: At the peak of my Kanye fandom, I listened to Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad back to back.. and thought to myself "Michael truly is the greatest. Kanye isn't on his level."

You don't have to "confess" that man. Kanye may have compared himself to MJ, but I think he meant it in more of a "hey, I'm like the MJ of rap" kind of way. Because obviously (very very obviously) Michael Jackson had skills as a vocalist and an entertainer that are totally missing from Kanye's entire schtick. I really don't think they're comparable on an artistic level at all. Now, I may prefer to listen to the music of Kanye West at this point in my life (and I do) but MJ had this ability to unite people from all over the world in a way that Kanye has only done in extreme miniature.

So again, I'm not saying the two are alike. I'm just saying they're both singular.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|