View Single Post
Old 02.27.2016, 07:46 PM   #924
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Uhh... Wow. Calm down. Listen to/read my words, my friend: I already said this was not a value judgment. This isn't about how much I like Kanye. I tried to extend my own olive branch by saying I was just making a comparison between the uniqueness of the artists with respect to their relationship to their peers, not between the artists themselves.

By the way, Kanye HAS compared himself to Michael Jackson. He loves MJ. Childhood hero. Massive influence. And he's compared himself to MJ more times than I can remember.

If you're actually going to get mad about this, then that's your call. I'm not saying the artists are similar, I'm not saying they're equals, and I'm not saying they're alike in any way other than that nobody else is really like either one of them.

I have listened to you bad mouth the fuck out of Kanye over and over again for years now, and I'm fine with it. You're telling me you can't handle me using Kanye's and Michael's names in the same sentence or you'll pack up your toys and leave? Well, then you're a hypocrite and you're expecting me to do what you will not.

I grew up with MJ too. He was the first artist to mean anything to me on an individual level. The first artist I found some identity in. The Beatles I knew through my father. MJ was my thing when I was a kid and the meant the world to me. I cried when he got his ass beat by Joe Pesci in Moonwalker

I may not still be a total devotee (became more of a Prince guy somewhere along the line), but MJ is without question the absolute King of Pop. The only artist that could compare to the Beatles in terms of influence and quality of output and popularity. So CHILL. Or, if you can't tolerate my extremely non-offensive (and, considering how much I love Kanye) quite complementary half-comparison of the two artists, and you expect me to walk on eggshells while you constantly rip on one of my favorite artists, then do whatever you like.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|