View Single Post
Old 02.24.2016, 10:23 PM   #895
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
wow really? I think MM Food is great. But damn, Take Me To Your Leader, Op Doomsday, the first VV album...

Hey I said favorite MF Doom album. King Geedorah and VV are under a different moniker, so I didn't think to include them (or Madvillainy or Monsta Island Czars or JJ DOOM..)

But yeah, honestly, I probably like it more than everything but the VV albums. I hated it at first, but it grew on me like crazy. Also, Doom did so much of the production himself and that's something I appreciate more than I can ever put into words. I love it when rappers handle as much of their shit as possible. I love Quasimoto's the Unseen, because that shit is all Madlib. I love Wu-Tang because half their appeal is in the production, and it was handled by memebers of the group. And of course I love Kanye.

I'll start flipping shit over Kendrick if he ever starts to produce his own shit. I just really respect that. I have nothing against rappers who bounce around to different producers and beat writers, but that's where I feel the line between rapper and full fledged artist lies. Deltron 3030 is named after Del tha Funky Homosapien, but Dan the Automator and Kid Koala are responsible for what makes the album great.

Sorry. Rant fest.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|