View Single Post
Old 02.17.2016, 09:51 PM   #47786
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
because I actually enjoy the things that have led me to where I am. If didn't listen to what I listened to in high school, I wouldn't have gotten to the stuff I liked in college, nor the stuff after that.

Being a snob is great and all. But I enjoy nostalgia.

To elaborate: just because your pallet grows to enjoy fine Scotch, doesn't mean you're too good for cheap beer.

Hey man I still sing "Strawberry" from Sparkle and Fade to myself when I'm in a shitty mood. It cheers me up, despite being a truly heartbreaking look at drug addiction.

If they ever wrote a classic song, it wasn't Santa Monica or You Make me feel Like a Whore or Father or Mine or Everything to Everyone or any of the super awful shit that followed. It was fucking "Strawberry."

That track has a universal appeal and a truly genuine sound. Like the Replacements or Lou Reed circa Transformer. It's a great, great song. Agree?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|