View Single Post
Old 01.20.2016, 03:31 PM   #47727
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
No Age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I wonder what's up with No Age these days.

These comments are very odd. First, I can think of barely a handful of bands active today who ROCK in such a driving, powerful, pummeling, beautiful, and artistic way as No Age — art both as something you'd expect to soundtrack an installation in a gallery and as instantly accessible rock & roll. (And which band do we know that used to navigate "low" and "high" art so seamlessly?). Even if they were only a sum of their influences they'd be fantastic —only a masochist wouldn't want to hear Damaged mixed with MBV's "Touched"— but they're so much more, punk fury floorboarding a truck of studio/effects tricks wizardry with delicious hooks galore and actual brains for a change. Four practically flawless albums so far that make you search for the boatload of tapes, CD-Rs, 7"s and weirder formats in which they've released even more great music. Even if you don't skateboard.

As for "I wonder what's up with No Age these days", I can't tell whether it means "Oh, those has-beens" or you're genuinely at a loss about their current activities. The former alternative is downright deranged; the latter, abstruse, since they do have a website and an Instagram account and all the bullcrap one expects from bands these days.

http://noagela.org/

"January 15: FYI: Randy Randall is playing with Rat Fist going up the West Coast this week! Come out and say hi!!!"

"January 15: So stoked No Age is playing Marfa Myths Festival this year!!! The line up is awesome!!!"

And now, a bitchen show from last November:

No Age

The Irenic @ San Diego Music Thing
Saturday 14th November 2015

AUD: SP-CMC-8 > SP-SBSB-10 > Sony PCM M-10 (24 bit/48Hz) > Audacity > CDWav

http://nomorethanabigcrashingbeathap...renic-san.html

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|