View Single Post
Old 11.10.2015, 07:32 PM   #4170
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Reading The Best of Henry Kuttner, a collection of short stories. He is another of the long-lost great visionary sci-fi writers.... Never read anything by him. Never heard of him, but cool cool stuff.

He wrote at the same time as the great hard sci fi authors and did so with a humor and a weirdness that predates by decades the cyberpunk sci-fi of the late 70's early 80's. good stuff.

More Lovecraft-influenced American 50's weird-fi! Excellent choice! Check out a Wikipedia entry on Kuttner while you're at it. He wrote hand in hand with his wife, apparently more than I realized. It's likely that just about everything he wrote was a collaboration with her, though she has given him sole credit for some of his more successful stories. Not sure I buy it, but whatever... I think his life would make for a great film, with such an intensely personal relationship happening out of sight of the readers and industry of the time.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|