View Single Post
Old 10.13.2015, 02:21 PM   #7411
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
There is a developing "street soccer" culture in US, here in LA all our baseball diamonds have been converted into futbol pitches..

that's nice to know. i don't see that kind of stuff around here in neomex. if you go to latin america there's kids playing in every street corner. in american "inner cities" (whatever that means) and parks etc i've seen plenty of basketball. in denver i've seen béisbol. futbol is usually some middle class kids and their mommy in a van in a suburban field with no public transportation. just so wrong. anyway...

Quote:
i don't think that superstar or even just average world class talent develops necessarily from street experience so much as when a region has extensive street sports culture it reflects how advanced and developed the amateur and professional leagues are..

well true the pros have to be there to take it to the next level. academies, etc. but street provides the darwinian wilderness for it. street feeds the lower leagues also.

miroslav klose who is the greatest world cup goalscorer ever i think was somehow recruited out of some 5th-level german league or something like that--a village team-- while he was working as a carpenter. carlos salcido (not salcedo) who was one of mexico's greatest defenders and made it to europe (he's back in mexico but is now ancient) was an orphan kid working in the market when he was discovered by a chivas scout and put on the payroll. etc. x 10,000.

Quote:
the kids are playing on the street because the overall sport is the main culture. In US American football dominates all development leagues.. there are thousands of college programs and amateur leagues.. when futbol is even a fraction of that US will be world class..

i look forward to that day. some scrawny appalachian kid with crooked legs becoming the next messi or something.

Quote:
However it should be noted that US has ranked in the world top20 more years than not over past two decades if anything that US can more or less compete with world class teams without having a world class futbol culture is impressive if you ask me

it's like once i was making this cocktails with cheap ingredients and jico said it was "alchemy with turds."

being part of CONCACAF is a huge help in qualifying for any world cup final though. "yay, top 16!" hmmm...

another day i look forward to is the merging of CONCACAF and CONMEBOL. make it a massive league. same fucking time zones! easier to coordinate than UEFA that stretches from portugal to siberia.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|