View Single Post
Old 10.08.2015, 11:28 PM   #19117
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
just finished watching MOOD INDIGO. which is a strange title for a movie which is frech i called (roughly translated) "the foam of days" . sure, duke ellington is all over the sountrack and imagery but no mood indigo is in the soundtrack.

anyway. what's with this. michel gondry is a very clever boy. he has the best toys. he and wes anderson should get together some day and play. because both of them are very imaginative little boys...

but mang this time (i watched the extended version, over 2 hours) gondry went overboard with the cleverness. holy fuck it takes maybe an hour for the actual story to kick into gear, the beginning is just more visual fireworks for the sake of visual fireworks.

had i not liked gondry i probably would have smashed the TV after 30 minutes, but because he's a very clever boy and has the best toys i endured, and i don't regret it-- in the end the story is beautiful and it works but holy fuck he makes you wait for it and has to show you *every fucking toy* he plays with before the story actually begins.

if you like gondry, definitely watch it. if you like boris vian, watch it too. otherwise stay the fuck away from this. i'll recommend it though, if you have the patience to fucking wait for the child to put his toys away and get on with the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
watched la notte tonight followed by l'eclisse

damn! the two in a row? i love both of those movies but that's MASSIVE endurance.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|