View Single Post
Old 09.24.2015, 06:11 PM   #20
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's not relevant to his art but let's face it, Disney is an iconic company that transcends the cartoons it made during its heyday. As a corporation it promotes a wholesome image and portrays Walt as a benign, loving father figure, so it's fair to highlight those those areas of his character that contradict the image. Otherwise you're just accepting lies.

i have to accept lies on a daily basis. lies are the cornerstone of society. if everyone were completely honest we'd have absolute carnage. that doesn't mean that i BELIEVE the lies-- i just accept them as social currency.

i'm not saying the guy wasn't a jerk. i'm pretty sure he was. but likely he was no more a jerk than you or me, it's just that we don't have the power to bend other people to our wills and amass millions. look at your university hierarchy and i'm sure you'll find much more toxic individuals than walt disney ever was. probably. and shit, don't get me started on bricklayers.

i mean-- everyone is a twisted fuck. that's the baseline that we cover up with lies and gentility to make social life possible. let's stop acting shocked and surprised and own this goddamn fact already. i wouldn't leave my hypothetical kids in the care of walt disney or michael jackson or anyone else really. fuckem. much less a bricklayer. i'll build me a robot nanny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
black and hispanic folks were not allowed to work in any positions that interacted with the largely white customers.

Motherfucker was a Nazi-lover just like Preston S. Bush and Henry Ford....

i'm not in any way pro-disney (stopped reading donald duck comics when i was 5) but his brother roy who cofounded the business gave a shitton of money to the hispanic cultural center in albuquerque. i don't think it was shush money, the guy put down some new mexican roots if i recall.

eta: or maybe it was his son? yes: http://www.nationalhispaniccenter.or... 84&Itemid=291

anyway, the Elders of Zion now own & run Disney, so... nazis lost.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|