View Single Post
Old 09.21.2015, 09:14 PM   #19073
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah, while Fields could do the visual stuff as well as anybody, it's his dialogue that I love most. And there's a world-weary darkness to him. He was notoriously difficult in real life, not just because of his drinking but his general personality, and that really comes across. So even he might not qualify as 'pure' comedy. I suppose he's the epitome of the angry clown.

i can't see that youtube right now and i yet have to confirm this but what i suspect you really like is wit. i do too btw.

but also the stupid stuff. like, really dumb non-verbal shit-- monkeys. stooges. zucker brothers. farrelly brothers. mel brooks. shit, piss, boogers, fart noises, untimely erections-- the stupider the better. also the grotesque-- gargantua & pantagruel, etc. anything that reveals the ridiculous ape behind the human facade.

i think i fucked up a small detail-- the dog that eats the fish i'm now pretty sure is at the beginning of "mon oncle." under the cart. hilarious! though there's another street dog in holiday, which moves away when the car drives through at the beginning. but yeah, holiday + mon oncle i laughed all throughout.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|