View Single Post
Old 09.15.2015, 11:56 AM   #19046
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I just watched this:

Better than I expected. I'm not sure why I didn't expect much, since Fincher usually nails it, and the scores provided by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross have really taken his films to another level.

I just never got wrapped up in the hype surrounding the book, and I don't much like Ben Affleck, and I thought Reese Witherspoon was going to play Amy.... I am not really a fan of Mrs. Witherspoon, but she can act when she has to, and I found Rosamund Pike to be quite dry and dull and crappy especially for the first half of the film.

Overall, it was a good story, and it really does kind of rope you in... but I would have cast Brad Pitt in the lead role. Brad Pitt and Reese Whitherspoon. Then it probably would have been Oscar candy.

Fucking amazing score, of course. Makes me want Reznor and Ross to start composing for David Lynch. what an excellent match that would be!

3 stars (out of 5)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|