View Single Post
Old 09.03.2015, 07:12 PM   #19015
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
maybe im comparing the two more for the special effects and than the realism, but all the laws and theories were there in Interstellar just bending the true a little or a whole lot depending on your view point of Hollywood and emphasis on correct knowledge. im saying it wasn't total fantasy sci-fi crap. got me?!?!

yes, I think you kinda dig what im saying though, I never thought about the two films sharing similar parent love themes.

Definitely not your average sci fi crap, for sure.

I LOVE sci-fi in literature. Most styles and and sub genres and mini-movements and variations as well. I also love Fantasy, though somewhat less consistently. But sci-fi films are tough to pull off. They either have to be GREAT or they kinda suck. Occasionally greatness comes in the form of an odd, challenging, and maybe even a little bit stupid sleeper hit or cult flick. These films can end up being as great as the GREAT ones, but most sci-fi films make terrible decisions and end up in the "suck" category.

I agree fully that Interstellar was completely free of the gimmicky franchise pushing crap and the over-stated action-only payoffs that plague so many of these films. It's much more 2001: A Space Odyssey than Event Horizon or Fifth Element (though both those movies certainly have their fan hordes)

I'm glad you liked it. I would have pumped that film full of Oscar gold if I'd been whoever the fuck was minding the academy shop this year. Useless fucks. GREAT movie.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|