View Single Post
Old 08.27.2015, 08:49 AM   #39762
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Also the irony of !@#$! hating every major US city but that shithole Naw Orlawns is palpable

i'm pointing at cities which are good for working músicos AND cheap to live in. not sure if you realize in this thread i've been addressing crayolas, who plays the piano? and then her actual friend schizo who suggested they become neighbors again. this is not for you/about you / at you / your narcissism. go away. although HELPFUL info about your hell city is... helpful.

i do not "love" nashville, but if i was looking to develop as a musician i'd go there first. 20% cheaper than the u.s. average and a massive cluster of professionals, opportunities to play with others and learn and connect. and southerners are generally a hospitable bunch. so it's an easy/obvious move.

new york may be a musical paradise for everything from classical to jazz to avant-garde to broadway to everything else, but what kid from wyoming loaded with student debt can afford to move there without a trust fund?

l.a. may suck for your band but traditionally it has been a magnet for talent and work in studios, film, etc.-- problem is---the odds of making a living as a musician there are very long, and cost of living is too high to flip pancakes on the side. also, everything that's wrong with america like thinking that everything revolves around you and your dumbass "opinion".

the pacific northwest has gloomy-ass weather. for someone who grew up in florida it must be like a cave. seattle is famous for not letting you make friends easy. and the cost of living is not the cheapest either. i'd skip it.

vegas may have jobs for musicians but it's a fucking depressing shithole. worse even than l.a.

new orleans is still reeling after katrina but its mega-musical tradition survives, has lots of live music, and in spite of the recent destruction and successive gentrification it is still affordable. one can play music with lots of people and learn and live cheaply-- for now anyway.

etc.

having said all that--don't insult new orleans or i'll nail your tongue to a lamp post and kick your car some more. that was the last holy city in the region even though americans have been trying to destroy it since they took it over.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|