View Single Post
Old 08.20.2015, 05:06 PM   #18932
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I've been meaning to ask, are you a big Bergman fan? You seem to have patience for the slow stuff. I don't, but I make an exception for a man I consider on par with any other truly great artist of the 20th century, like Stravinsky or Picasso.

I loved every one of his films I've seen so far. Love me some Bergman. I do have patience for slow-paced stuff that doesn't necessarily feel slow. There are plenty of movies that aren't the most eventful in terms of plot points or busy imagery/action, but keep you intrigued through their atmosphere and little touches here and there. Technically speaking, The Conversation actually did have a slower pace than most other Thrillers, but never did it feel slow to me. It's just a perfect mix of tension and character development that made it a great experience. I did find the pacing of films like Stranger Than Paradise or, as mentioned before, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance off-putting though. But I do have to admit that the first one does have its own charm nonetheless. I guess whether a film is just slow-paced or actually feels slow is a very subjective thing.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|