View Single Post
Old 08.20.2015, 10:20 AM   #18929
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
It's not really a remake of Blow-Up, but Coppola said he was influenced by it and both are dealing with similar issues. It was a key-influence on some of the themes, but the approach of each respective film is quite different. Both gravitate towards secretly uncovering something by means of technology. But The Conversation is a lot more focused on the dangers of the technology in question. It's a movie about wire-tapping after all. And Gene Hackman's protagonist couldn't be more different from David Hemmings's Thomas. He's a careful, increasingly paranoid religious man who is starting to question the implications of his profession. The Conversation is a slow-moving, but incredibly tense and atmospheric film. The visuals are gritty and beautifully arranged. Combined with the sound of the recordings, there's always the notion of an ominous presence in the background. I think you might like it.

i see. i might check it out... thanks!

if you haven't yet, then see "the lives of others" about a stasi wiretapper (it's a german movie). eh, you've probably seen it already.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|