View Single Post
Old 08.19.2015, 09:18 PM   #18926
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

SLEEP DEALER (alex rivera, 2008) - great little fucking cyberpunk-ish movie. clearly derivative but also original-- a good straighforward script that makes great/funny critiques of border economies. acting and directing and production values may be a bit bantamweight but hey, the movie delivers for my taste. i thought the writer/director was mexican but turns out he's from nueva york. so he's rudy after all! good yob. watchit, ése.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
The Conversation: This has got to be one of my all-time favorite suspense-based movies. Hackman is great and the sound-editing plus forboding visuals make for a haunting viewing experience. Coppola had quite a run in the 70s.

that was the american remake of antonioni's "blow-up", wasn't it? i haven't seen it. seen blow-up maybe 3 times? gets better each time. blow-up is actually an adaptation of julio cortázar's "las babas del diablo," which is a really good & strange short story you should probably read if either a) you read spanish or b) can get a good translation. not sure what languages you read but seeing as how he ended up living in france maybe the french translations are good/personally supervised. maybe. but anyway. cortázar. impressed me a lot when i was a lil' kid.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|