View Single Post
Old 08.09.2015, 07:46 AM   #39686
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
Catsick would be a total nightmare as president.

All your criticisms are true. Forgot to mention he has strong ties to ALEC. But:

--Expanded Medicare.

--Raised taxes on fracking industry to pay for oversight, etc (rather than pass the costs onto tax-payers)

--His last budget proposal was mostly moderate, and at points even liberal. Redistributing education funds to underperforming schools? That took balls.

suchfriends is right. We're due for a Republican president. All I'm saying is:

1.) Kasich is moderate enough to win it all (although perhaps too moderate to win the GOP nomination!)

2.) As a Republican president, I feel he'd be open to ideas outside the far-right box. I don't think his first act as President will be dismantling Obamacare, or kicking gays out of the military, or privatizing social security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
i honestly could care less who the president is, same shit different toilet..

I don't like Hilary. At all. But what I like even less is the "They're all the same" mentality. Obama isn't the progressive we wanted him to be, but to suggest the past six and a half years would have been the same if McCain had won is absurd.

And to suggest a Hillary presidency and, say, a Jeb Bush presidency would look the same is equally absurd. Yes, President Hillary will no doubt do many pro-corporate, hawkish, anti-progressive things, but c'mon. Just because she isn't as leftist as she pretends to be doesn't mean she's a right-winger, y'know?

You're concentrating on the overlap, and there's quite a bit. But the differences are significant enough that "They're all the same" doesn't ring true.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|