View Single Post
Old 07.19.2015, 12:26 PM   #4059
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I'm not sure this is the whole thing, though, is it? It includes everything from the beginning, with the Man-Thing comics and runs through issue 16 of HTD. I understand that is where the first series ended. Is there anything of significance after that?

Right...
My favorites are in the volume you've acquired.
Once you've reached #25, it's as if the writer got wary of it all.
Issues 26-28 are glum, the villains are not as fun as the space turnip, and there's little left of the humour. Some dark things happen to Howard's friends (which is quite worthy of reading, as what happens is pretty dark).
So, between #16 and #25 there are really good things, thanks to Dr Bong's treatments.

Issues #29 and beyond were taken over by different writers, and that was not it, not really.

Steve Gerber got back on his feet for a new series that would be cheaper, for quite an enjoyable read!
http://marvel.wikia.com/Howard_the_Duck_Vol_3_1
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|