View Single Post
Old 07.06.2015, 10:08 AM   #1175
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Carter 3 was great because he recorded enough material for like 5 albums and hired a f'ing editor to condense down into one album of good stuff. Truth is at that period, he could have made it a double LP and it would have still been great.

But after that.

Well I love Rebirth, but I love it cuz it's weird. I love it cuz it's kind of bad.

I Am Not A Human Being I & II both have their moments. I more than II. But in both cases they're not so different from mixtape material man. I mean honestly, they're collections of outtakes. II actually has tracks on it that were released as promo singles for Rebirth.

Carter IV is good. I mean, it's gotta be the best thing that he's done post-Carter III anyway.

Then you got the mixtapes. So many mixtapes...

No Ceilings is the only truly great one.

Dedication 3, 4, 5 are all pretty meh. Sorry 4 Tha Wait is alright. Same with it's sequel. Nothing I'd even really think of throwing on for any real reason.

We Are Young Money was good. Rise Of An Empire, not so much.