View Single Post
Old 06.17.2015, 07:38 PM   #39013
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
meditation is non-thinking though. it's not good-thinking but outside-of-thinking. just zero. nothing. it's hard as fuck at first; once it's a habit its easy to plugin like neo and escape the matrix. agent smith becomes irrelevant.

Yes. There is enormous value in meditation. I don't sit much anymore but I should. When I received my Zen lay ordination in the '90s, I was really into it, and it made me feel better about myself, and that made me a better human being, somebody who was kinder and more patient. I was still human, I still did dumb things, I still made a lot of mistakes, and I still got angry and sometimes mean and impatient. But I was a lot better off than I would have been without it. What I find with meditation is that it gives you some space, in your daily life, to slow down, so that you are not reacting as much and instead are responding. I have a hard time seeing that there is anything at all wrong with that.