View Single Post
Old 06.02.2015, 11:16 AM   #18772
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I did dig Scanner Darkly. I like words for communication. I fail at non-verbal communication, both coming from me, and being directed at me.

yes, the mime in Les Enfants du Paradis and all great mimes (chaplin, Keaton, Harpo Marx) are always faves of mine. It is because they are intending for you to read their body and facial language, as opposed to most of the movies I cannot stand where the outward actions of the body are actually in conflict with the inner self being shown on the face, like Almodovar.

You should have seen how badly I misunderstood El Sexo y Lucia! That shit made no sense!

because of this "thing" I have in my brain, people's emotions mean very little to me. I see them as ephemral, inconsequential things. emotions are signals, and signals only, to me. They do not "mean" anything. I cannot relate with people whose emotions overrule their reason in their day to day living. I find it very irritating.
This is also why for YEARS my wife and I would argue about all the things I hate about Mexican books, movies, music, etc. It is all melodramatic emotional vomit to me.