Thread: "Pop Music"
View Single Post
Old 05.19.2015, 08:11 AM   #90
100%

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
I'm torn on it, I really enjoy it but I'd say a good 95% of it is just pure pastiche and has no inherent value, which is I suppose the point to a degree. really well done pop and near indistinguishable from what it's trying to emulate, but maybe too saccharine for me even as a genuine lover of the vengaboys/toy box et al. this is obviously in reference to ag cook, danny l harle etc. hannah diamond I'm torn on, qt is total on the nose bullshit which frustrates me.

gfoty, lipgloss twins and sophie though, they're genuinely fucking cutting edge and need to exist. gfoty's contribution to disown and her mixes/the stuff with spinnee counts as some of the most forward thinking music I've heard in a verrryyyyy long time, which is pretty awesome considering that it's unadulterated pop.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|