View Single Post
Old 05.12.2015, 02:49 PM   #1201
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
how's making greek yogurt?

really easy: make regular yogurt, pour it into a cloth strainer, and go read the iliad. when you finish the book the yogurt is ready.

ha ha, seriously though-- "greek" yogurt is just a marketing invention by a turkish guy who set up a factory in new jersey. there is zero mystery to it-- no "greek" yogurt strain, no secret ancient process. just plain yogurt, minus the whey. i use an white old t-shirt to strain it.

except that i stopped doing that because it just adds more work. now i scoop direct. i'm lazy too.

the slow cooker is not to incubate the yogurt btw-- that would be too hot. the slow cooker is to heat up the milk & change the protein structure so that it coagulates nicely-- without having to watch it or the risk of boiling/burning it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|