View Single Post
Old 05.10.2015, 05:35 PM   #780
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
yeah it's the official cover bro. and i had the same sentiments, gave me nu-metal vibes haha.

On the first two albums (or, rather, the first mixtape and the first album... Though I've got a retail print of Live.Love around here somewhere. Maybe just a promo... Anyway on those albums, the covers really helped establish Rocky's (God I hate saying things like this) brand.

There's a sense of ceremony, and uniformity to the whole feel of A$AP Mob, and the first cover was a simple but startling and powerful image. The cover of Long.Live.A$AP took it further. It was still black and white, but the image was high definition, and super official. Plus, it was a nice play on the whole Rocky thing. He managed to make totally different kind of image using the same basic elements, and the result was iconic. One of the best hip-hop album covers of the era.

But... shit... This looks pretty goddamn whack to me.

The Yams tribute motif is a nice idea but whatever the fuck they've got going on now looks like a cross between Manson and

I mean, what's with the white washed look? The contrastless black and white over black and white? It is not an aesthetic pleasure to behold. Not one bit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|