View Single Post
Old 04.27.2015, 08:54 AM   #3919
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
so much of what she reviews sounds awfully crappy, though. There's a boatload of great "minority" fiction writers out there ( I use the term as she does, even though I would actually put them in the majority, if she says the word to mean, not white fiction writers).

i don't know why it would sound crappy. i would agree that being a "minority" doesn't make one a good writer (as college courses showed me), but there are so many "majority" writers who are crap but are read simply because they feed into what people already know (this is the cause of my american literature fatigue in general).

as for the reviewed stuff-- i was curious about that indonesian scifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I dunno. I thought this applied so much better to music, especially the scenes most of us dig.

i told you to listen to héctor lavoe but you laughed him off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
for class:

i looved the first book. the 2nd one was more depressing. growing up sucks.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|