View Single Post
Old 04.23.2015, 12:58 PM   #6740
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I don't know why, other than to point to Pep's inbuilt urge to experiment. Not saying it's a virtue but so far it's hardly proved a massive obstacle. They've won the Bundesliga without breaking sweat and got to the semis of the Champions League. Hardly a crisis.

like i said before, it's not the averages that concern me but the extremes-- particularly, the lows. a table position is won by averages. a cup is a different story-- one extreme failure and you're out.

when wednesday's game got to 5-1, martinez got lively and there was a risk of a 5-3 and porto wins on away goals. of course that risk is everywhere always. pep was smart enough to pack in some defenders (rode, dante, wieser) to tamp that down.

seems to me, mulling this over, that his collapses tend to be defensive. it's not just a dante thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The problem I find with some Bayern fans is they expect every game to be a cakewalk. They look at Heynckes with rose coloured glasses because he won them the CL and destroyed Barcelona along the way, while at the same time forgetting that that same year they came very close to going out in the quarters against Arsenal and could've easily lost to Dortmund in the final. That's not criticising Heynckes just saying that, at that level, the top teams/managers have their ups and downs.

right, but again, it's not the averages-- it's the total collapses that concern me. they don't lose 1-0 or 2-1. They lose 3-1, 4-2, 4-1, 4-0. like last year vs. real madrid.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|