View Single Post
Old 04.23.2015, 12:37 PM   #6739
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

spectacular/solid --- that's what i'm talking about pep's bayern this season-- they're either spectacular or they crumble. i wanna know what causes that-- concretely and specifically i mean. what makes it work that way.

I don't know why, other than to point to Pep's inbuilt urge to experiment. Not saying it's a virtue but so far it's hardly proved a massive obstacle. They've won the Bundesliga without breaking sweat and got to the semis of the Champions League. Hardly a crisis.

I don't know the backstory there. Maybe Pep is more guilty than it seems. I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue
It’s just that Pep himself and some of his partisans in the press have created an image of Guardiola (stainless, immaculate, etc.) and often use it as some sort of moral high ground when comparing him to the other top manager in world (the evil one).

I don't see him as some kind of footballing saint and have no interest in those who do. I just think there's a kind of reverse logic with some people who want to knock him down because he's not perfect. To whom I'd simply ask, who is?

The problem I find with some Bayern fans is they expect every game to be a cakewalk. They look at Heynckes with rose coloured glasses because he won them the CL and destroyed Barcelona along the way, while at the same time forgetting that that same year they came very close to going out in the quarters against Arsenal and could've easily lost to Dortmund in the final. That's not criticising Heynckes just saying that, at that level, the top teams/managers have their ups and downs.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|