View Single Post
Old 04.23.2015, 09:15 AM   #6734
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue
You'd expect such a young team like Porto's to crumble down mentally after an early goal. And then there’s Lopetegui’s inexperience(he’s also a young manager), inability or even reluctance perhaps to set up the game defensively.

oh yes yes... i had been expecting porto to park the bus... they did no such thing (and if they did i didn't notice because bayern was *everywhere*).

the ones who crumbled down mentally were bayern the previous week. i did not see porto give up... they were just overwhelmed by bayern's teleportation skills, but they did not throw the towel (just got increasingly more violent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah but we know Pep gives key players multiple roles, even when they appear to be in the same position on the pitch. That makes it almost impossible for opposing teams to work them out but does come with its own risks.

which are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Would love to have seen how spectacular Heynckes' last season would've been if he'd had to deal with an injury list like Pep has this season.

a huge hypothetical considering it's a different team now, post-champions win. would he have gotze and lewandowski?

i don't know that it would have been "spectacular" but i think it would have been solid.

spectacular/solid --- that's what i'm talking about pep's bayern this season-- they're either spectacular or they crumble. i wanna know what causes that-- concretely and specifically i mean. what makes it work that way.

i'm not saying anybody has the answers. with other teams you can say that-- e.g. we've x-rayed dortmund's failings to exhaustion at this point. they're comprehensible. but there's no x-ray for pep's secret sauce, is there? this does not cease to puzzle me. and of course it's a good thing when people do not understand your tactics. it confuses me to no end.

i mean, after losing 3-1, you'd think they come back to win 2-0, but no, 6-1, and at this stage of the competition. wtf. yes, teams win, lose and tie, it's part of the natural order of things-- but it's not the averages that puzzle me here-- it's the extremes.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|