View Single Post
Old 04.21.2015, 10:40 AM   #3905
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I think it's A Moveable Feast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Yes, it is. I love that book.

yes yes yes! me too. i could never take fitzgerald seriously after that-- i mean as a person, not as a writer. a weepy drunk. hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
my dad is obsessed with f scott fitzgerald and even wanted to call me zelda

you're lucky he didn't! wasn't she a piece of work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
A character isn't even the book. A few years ago someone told me they didn't like Madame Bovary because of how Emma neglected her child. ??? I guess if a character is "bad" (morally) the book is "bad" (in terms of quality)? I don't know how some people read.

how do they read? they don't.

i didn't even know you were supposed to like emma. i mean, everyone in the novel is worse than her but that doesn't make her good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Seems our college library has this book! I'll have to check this out.

you're in for a real treat.

how does he go: "seems to me that caling a movie house a theatre is like calling an undertaker a mortician". or something like that. i'm paraphrasing from memory. hilarious.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|