View Single Post
Old 04.17.2015, 10:33 PM   #641
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccagotcursedout
your enthusiasm is contagious.

cant say I like Miley because I don't. I don't like her music. I just don't like it. can't get on the Ciccone Youth train that says its ok to like pop stars. ironic, hip or not.

The Flamings Lips are fine. I enjoy their music sometimes. I even dug the Sergeant Pepper cover album and Yoshimi is my favorite, but like Miley I feel like they're asking people to hate on them....don't like that either. it's controversy.

so why don't they just shut up, get out of my fucking face and do what they do best... make music.

I live in a post-Nirvana world and I still don't understand it.

Miley can smoke all the blunts, give little children molly, and shoot birds in my face like kurt cobain all she wants, but that doesn't change the fact that her music sucks!!!!! she wants me to fuck off?.....I will.

this cross-over indie EDM, Pop, hip hop still confuses me. what's your fucking point you assholes? to desensitize me to music that's already happening with advertising.

you can claim it's just music, but it's not. it's ART. don't want to hear it everywhere I go and on my phone and TV.

FUCK YOU!!!! you stealers of sonics, craft, and tones.

Speaking of Flaming Lips...

They really should be working on something new (like, properly new) if their history is any indicator of their present recording practices.

Yet I've heard nothing about any new Lips releases for 2015. Yeah, on their last few studio LPs they've taken a good 3-4 years between albums, but usually even their off years are filled with miscellaneous releases.

I am starting to think they should wind things up soon. As much as I love them, they're starting to sound nothing at all like the band I fell in love with all those years ago. I'd rather they make maybe two more unmistakably Lips-like albums, then focus on their myriad pet projects. Seeing Wayne Coyne with Kesha and Miley Cyrus is starting to make me feel old and confused.

I think they should play on or co-produce some tracks for Kanye, like Justin Vernon does when he's not being awful all over.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|