View Single Post
Old 04.10.2015, 02:22 PM   #584
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
and here's my thoughts on some things in 2015...

Pt. I - Recent albums that I've enjoyed:

Action Bronson - Mr. Wonderful
This album really surprised me. I mean I've always enjoyed Bronson's flow (insert obvious Ghostface comparison here), but the album is really weird and awesome. Dude's taking some interesting choices and def is comfortable being his own weirdo.

Ghostface Killah - Sour Soul
The BadBadNotGood collabo, and 3rd in his trilogy of "albums w/ live bands." I like this one more than 36 Seasons. And it's on par with Twelve Reasons To Die, which I probably prefer only because of the sort of Italian horror score vibe going on there. But still, this has awesome piano tracks and Danny Brown.

Cannibal Ox - Blade Of The Ronin
Seriously, CanOx actually made a new album. I'm not sure why this isn't a bigger deal than it is.

Drake - If You're Reading This It's Too Late
This one goes even further "out there" than his last album. Which is good. A lot of it doesn't even sound like "rap music" anymore. It's sort of half sung, half rapped in a sort of spacey delivery over pretty spacey beats. Like Drake's own Weeknd collabs meshed w/ cloud rap.

Earl Sweatshirt - I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside
Kid's a beast. We all know this.

G-Unit - The Beast Is G-Unit
They're 2nd reunion EP. Not quite as great as the first from last year, but still very solid. I feel like they're next proper album will be insane.

Joey Bada$$ - B4.DA.$$
Seriously one of the best records of the year. Joey keeps taking it back to the mid-90's NY sound. Beats here are fantastic and Joey's in top form.

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
Now that I've had time to soak it in, I don't think it's as good as Good Kid MAAD City, or Section 80. But it's still really great. My problem is I think it's actually too much. I think he had too many ideas he needed to get out there, and this album can feel like overload. BUT, there's so many great songs here - so I'm not complaining.

Lil Wayne - Sorry 4 The Wait 2
Hands down his best mixtape since No Ceilings. It's obvious why: he's got something to talk about. Much of this tape is anger directed at Birdman/Cash Money Records. When Wayne actually has something to say, he's focused and on point.

Pt. II - Upcoming albums I'm looking forward to:

A$AP Rocky - At.Long.Last.A$AP
My A$AP Mob obsession in 2015 is not unlike my Wu-Tang obsession in 1995. I am so excited that this finally has a release date and fingers crossed that we'll get a deluxe edition compiling the singles that were released from the A$AP Mob LORD album that never came out...

Game - The Documentary 2
This has been talked about for a while. I don't know if I believe it'll be out this year. Game albums always get crazy delays. But this could be very promising.

Lil Wayne - Free Weezy Album & Tha Carter V
This saga's crazy. He's throwing out a free album and still fighting to get C5 released. At this point I feel like C5 will be anti-climactic upon release, but no doubt I'm interested to hear the album that's caused all the drama.

Snoop Dogg - Bush
What a dumb title. But... BUT... the whole thing is produced by Pharrell. Pharrell + Snoop has always = great.

Tyler The Creator - Cherry Bomb
Just announced, this is coming out next week. Crazy.

Kanye West -
I don't remember if there's a confirmed title yet. I've liked all the singles a lot. "All Day" was crazy. Interested to see the overall shape it will take. My guess is it will be a polar opposite to Yeezus.

Young Thug - Carter VI
That album title, the balls...

v/a - Welcome To Los Santos
Hip hop compilation of all the new music exclusive to the PC version of GTA V. 8)