View Single Post
Old 03.07.2015, 09:23 PM   #264
nancykitten
children of satan

nancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's asses
I finished reading the book last night. I found it a very tender, fascinating, painful + moving read. And so revealing.

I've long considered Kim to be the 'soul' of Sonic Youth, and this book, to me, was proof of that.

I would have loved more Sonic Youth talk; for example, stuff on the time their gear was stolen; more thoughts on 'becoming mainstream', or the attempt to become so, when they signed to Geffen; more thoughts on individual tracks on each album, not just one or two per album, etc. But this is supposed to be a book anyone could read, and it would be too much for a non/casual fan to have to read about what she thinks of 'Dude Ranch Nurse'.

Yes, she is still angry with Thurston -- and has every right to be angry. I would be too if I gave 30 years of my life to a person who ended up lying to me and cheating on me.

nancykitten is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|