Thread: "Pop Music"
View Single Post
Old 02.22.2015, 09:01 PM   #79
100%

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
great "comeback" album but i'd say she had a bunch of better albums in the 90s.
I like that this one isn't padded out with those absurd ballads, at least until the end, and even then the production doesn't come across as dated as it once did. I had never paid her any attention (nor any pop to a deeper extent) until my ex made me watch glitter with her and it was just banga after banga. there's something about her late 90s/early 2000s stuff where the songs were so ingeniously simple, something like honey or heartbreaker where it's a minimal loop and her sampled voice intermingling with the main melody. especially something like the latter where the song comes across as a total fucking mess, too many sections and unrelated melodies until they all come together and resolve simultaneously atop one another.

plus her voice is just fucking sweet.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|