View Single Post
Old 02.19.2015, 09:15 AM   #6356
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The scary thing about Courtois (besides the length of his neck) is he's only 22. So if he's this good now, imagine what he'll be like when he reaches his peak in about another 5 years time.

Although the big question now is whether he's already a better keeper than Neuer, and In pure shot-stopping terms (we know a lot of Neuer's reputation is based on his ability to play as a sweeper) he might just be.

from what i understand courtois stays put precisely because he has trouble coming out of his goal, so i don't know as an all-around keeper, but as a shot-stopper he's FAST, and huge.

but there are so many other aspects of a goalkeeper-- from how they organize their defense to how they distribute the ball to how they face psychological pressure--and i honestly haven't seen enough of courtois to know all that about him.

maybe there should be a goalkeeper torture test where we could compare them ha ha ha. no, i'm serious, would be great to have a kind of "lab" where you could see how they perform various specific tasks repeatedly.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|