Thread: "Pop Music"
View Single Post
Old 02.12.2015, 10:42 PM   #63
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccagotcursedout

popism vs aestheticism. i like that better

yes. you hit the nail right on the head

that's the old lowbrow/highbrow distinction-- which keeps getting cancelled but always keeps returning anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Sure, when one ignores or avoids mainstream pop music there is always the danger of missing a rare gem, but the rate of return on those gems is so slim that I prefer to take my slimmer and slimmer listening hours to places where my particular tastes have a better chance of being rewarded. I can step out of my comfort zone and still get nowhere near the mainstream. Osmosis tells me I am doing the right thing over 99% of the time. I don't really need to dig deeper into areas with so little potential when there are so many other more rewarding or interesting rabbit holes in the world.

it's true that it's good to stop wasting time & instead go deeper as life becomes shorter

but where would you be without devo?

i bet you heard them on the radio

(that same transaction is happening to a 12 year old right now)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|