Thread: "Pop Music"
View Single Post
Old 02.12.2015, 07:24 PM   #59
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Not enough hours in the day for me to listen to vapid flavor of the month top 40 crap just to prove I'm not an elitist music snob.
I own my elitism and I am not ashamed of it.

i know what yr saying and maybe im contridicting myself.

do others don't invest much into some songs or mainstream music, listening wise, than others would with their favored offed genres?

are there just exceptions to the rule? like those late beatles records? or the new beyonce record, or mainstream hip hop or classic new wave records? which are slim and far inbetween and everything else is just shit?

if that's so, then yr right?

i think what matters is....is that once in awhile there is a pop record that comes along that introduces their audience to something that they dont normally hear with their peers or on the radio. not just in sound because today that's pretty easy with the technology, but something with aesthetics.

that's maybe avant pop and that is truly revolutionary.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|