Thread: "Pop Music"
View Single Post
Old 02.02.2015, 03:44 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I searched "Pop" and the SYG database returned nothing......

I realize "Pop Music" isn't something the majority of us listen to and some of you down right loath it, but figured there may be room for a little discussion every now and then.

KC had a new song drop today......my buddy who manages / plays / writes for her produced the vocals on her new track, Heartbeat Song

i think a lot of the music we talk about here would qualify as pop but we just don't use the word.

i like a lot of pop but just not what's in the charts these days, as it all sounds the same overprocessed generic shit to me.

regarding kelly clarkson, i recognize she has a good and powerful voice but her music is not my thing. something about the whole aesthetic-- it's really well done & extremely professional but for some reason it grates my ears-- kinda like hollywood movies if i were to compare. but i don't "loathe" her-- she seems good at what she does. like steven spielbeg.

when i'm in the mood for poppy sounds these days my go-to band is stereo total-- i have been listening to them obsessively for the past year maybe. i'll listen to some 70s/ 80s pop too (new wave/synthpop, not madona). i really don't have a pop subgenre of preference. a genre too vast to even try to define. i'd even say "kool thing" is one of my favorite pop tracks, for example. ha ha ha. there. another pop band i love: pixies. also: stereolab. pop is everywhere. pop rock > disco.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|