Thread: "Pop Music"
View Single Post
Old 02.02.2015, 11:04 AM   #21
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
I agree with all of the above and could add many many more. By the by, I thought that Call Me Maybe was Carly Rae Jepson? No matter it's a good track anyway.

Even if you think the Beatles wrote the best pop songs (contentious to begin with! but a matter of opinion so...) doesn't mean there are no other great pop songs. The Beatles did not exist in a vacuum - while I agree they have had a HUGE impact on modern pop music that does not necessarily mean they are automatically BETTER than the music they have inspired. (It also doesn't necessarily follow that because they have had a lot of influence means they are essentially good or better than other acts).

Of course it all comes down to personal opinion but I think that there has been a lot more interesting pop music than the Beatles. I appreciate it is easy in hindsight to think the Beatles are not that great since now they are so overplayed and imitated. But if you look at the landscape of pop music now I think it is a lot more varied & interesting - yes in part due to the Beatles but I think it would be really churlish to ignore e.g. the influence of hip hop (amongst others!). Speaking of which don't you think it is important to note that four white guys dominate so many people's perspective of music which is rooted in black origins????

just my thoughts on the matter as a lover of non-Beatles pop music

any my bad on the Taylor Swift fail.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|