Thread: "Pop Music"
View Single Post
Old 02.02.2015, 07:46 AM   #17
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Call me narrowminded or anything you want, but I think you have listed here just ordinary pop songs. Most of them are good of course. Bacharach has been a lot better to do catchy melodies than most of today´s pop composers, but that´s all. Strawberry, Eleanor Rigby, Tomorrow Never Knows, Lucy in the Sky with diamonds, a Day In Life, Dear Prudence, Happiness Is a Warm Gun etc. mix art & pop very genius way that no-one had made before and I think hasn´t made after that (at least better than the Beatles).

I don´t understand the tendency to negate the importance of the Beatles. I think also today´s music will sound really different if Beatles has never existed. Or do you think the new Sgt version of Flaming Lips is just a joke from them?
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|