Thread: "Pop Music"
View Single Post
Old 01.19.2015, 08:11 AM   #5
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
About a year ago I realized I knew nothing of contemporary pop so I downloaded some Billboard Top whatevers compilations.

Nicki Manage's "Va Va Voom" was infectious. Katy Perry's "Roar" was good--if I was a 12 year old girl it would've changed my life. Ke$ha is so massively talented it's a drag she can only write about going to the club. I'm sure she sometimes has something else on her mind.

But Frank Ocean's "I've Been Thinking About You" was the only one I would call "good" without qualification.

The biggest problem I had was I simply don't share the same values as the people on the charts. None of it means anything to me, and I would be shocked and saddened if any of it actually meant anything to the "artists."

(Also, according to the charts, there are about 5 or 6 chord sequences left in the world. How on earth everyone isn't suing everyone for plagiarism is beyond me.)

Hey. I tried.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|