View Single Post
Old 01.08.2015, 10:17 PM   #18451
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i'm sure you know him better than i do, and a film like life is sweet would fit that description (only in part, because after the comedy it gets really serious), but films like "vera drake" or "naked" are not about that nor funny at all.

i suppose what i find praiseworthy in him is not some sort of political commitment (i am not really fond of overt ideologues), but his realism, in opposition to hollywood which is all about brainwashing through aspirational fantasies of impossible lives.

speaking of realism-- that is a reason why the wire was so great. so things like that are possible, but they are extremely rare.

Haven't seen Vera Drake but you're right about Naked. But for me he really defined himself with his earlier tv dramas, which I imagine are harder to get hold of in the US. Stuff like Abigail's Party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-hXUehyRlE
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|