View Single Post
Old 12.04.2014, 09:56 PM   #1517
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I put the Wu and Ghost on my xmas list. But I'll prob check both on Spotify before xmas. I'm way more excited about the Ghostface (of course)

Well, I was way more excited about the Wu, and initially I saw the GHOSTFACE as a bonus, but also as yet another competitor against for the Wu-Tang Album as well as for the Kanye & Kendrick records I expected to be out by now but which I feel certain will not be out until 2015.

But Ghostface became my favorite solo Clan artist with 12 Reasons to die, and I gave up on pretending that Raekwon or any Wu member had a more prolofic and versatile solo career than Tony. And now that I've heard 36 Seasons (promo), an album that features no other Wu-Tang members, and as a result feels more like a GFK album than a Wu solo album, I think it's got more going for it than A Better Tomorrow does.

So now, I'm more excited about picking up an actual physical copy of 36 Seasons than I am about A Better Tomorrow. ABT has some major hiccups in it, despite the overall quality of the performances. And 36 Seasons is a stunningly poignant album that doesn't seem to inspire any doubts about the stylistic direction and whether or not it was
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|