View Single Post
Old 11.27.2014, 03:51 PM   #217
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Im just glad you're finally digging into the band's back catalogue. Soundtracks For The Blind is different because it's a different band. The Swans of the 2010's are excellent, but you can't really call any of their work "no-wave"... Swans circa Soundtracks were an entirely different beast. It's important to recognize the differences and give all incarnations of the band equal play time if you want to truly appreciate the band.

Kinda like Sonic Youth, really. I mean, look at how different Bad Moon Rising is from, say, Rather Ripped... or, christ, even EVOL & Sister, the albums that immediately followed. Now Sonic Youth didn't have anywhere near the same kind of personnel changes... But the two bands have a lot in common... philosophically if not always stylistically.

But man- Soundrtracks is a glorious, ambitious weird fucking masterpiece. I don't know if I'd say that it makes the White Album look like a Foos album (ha!) but it's on the same creative level.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|