View Single Post
Old 11.26.2014, 10:31 PM   #1442
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
well one could say he did back in the Graduation days where he defeated 50 Cent, but that was a fucking great album to "sell out" with.

I think the 50 thing was mostly media nob-gobbling. I don't know though. I thought that album was a response to a challenge made by Bono when Kanye was opening for U2 around the Late Reg. Period. Bono didn't think rap had achieved "stadium status" and wanted to hear a hip hop album that had the bombast and epic pop quality of a big rock record.

Kanye certainly delivered, and beat Curtis's ass to boot. And if that was his sell-out album, it was oddly placed... Everything that followed has been the antithesis of commercial hip-hop.

And yeah, Graduation slays.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|