Thread: 7"
View Single Post
Old 07.27.2006, 11:36 AM   #19
Ghost of Guitars Past
empty page

Ghost of Guitars Past has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
I just ordered the Helen Lundeberg/Eyeliner 7" along with 150$ of other Sonic Stuff. There's just one problem about the vinyl..........I have no turn table at the moment. I just wanted to know how great these tracks are. I read the lyrics and they do seem raw and vicious. Damn I want listen.............anyways, what's the verdict from you sonic masses?

Lundeberg, Eyeliner and alt mix of Rapture are on the Japanese CD, so you can always buy the import to get the bonus tracks. Honestly, I think Lundeberg is one of their best songs in a very long time. Musically, it's a throwback to their mid '80s style--very comfortable and familiar. Eyeliner is also interesting musically as well, and I like Thurston's vocal delivery on it; unfortunately, his lyrics are pretty clunky and stupid (burnt english muffin crunches nicely between the teeth??? wtf).

I dunno, these were supposedly among the last tracks recorded at Echo Canyon, so it makes me wonder how RR would have developed if they could have just rolled tape and recorded more freely.
Ghost of Guitars Past is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|