View Single Post
Old 09.07.2014, 11:44 AM   #5537
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
futbol with its domination by the upper classes, arbitrary decisions by judges, perpetual sufferings for rare moments of fulfillment, endless spells of boredom, mindless displays of tribalism, etc.-- serves as a good metaphor for life, a life that working classes know and understand well.

on the other hand, nfl football (i can't speak for the lower orders of the sport, from high school games all the way down to stuff like games of flag football at family picnics)… nfl football provides the manufactured illusion of permanent excitement and outsized enthusiasm-- loud music, bands, cheerleaders, constant interruption and replays, beer commercials that get more attention than the game itself--in other words, it's so fake and so hyped that only innocent americans who dream that everyone is middle class, life can be fair, and paradise is just around the corner can believe it in their hearts. sort of like the great coke vs. pepsi debate--it doesn't matter. the great enjoyment is fake.

i'm not blaming americans for this, but i guess the relative newness of the country coupled with the sense that everything is possible is what allows people to believe such states are actually attainable without heavy manufacture.

in spite of all the marketing and machinery and hype surrounding association football, the game itself remains a relatively grim contest that satisfies better just like water quenches thirst where coca cola just makes you thirstier

==

anyway if we're going to talk nfl vs association here then i'll rant

==

back to topic, euro qualifiers just started! curious about germany-scotland and italy-norway. wondering what conte is gonna do.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|