View Single Post
Old 08.02.2014, 12:40 AM   #1
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I do. Care, that is. But that's mainly because I have been listening to Spoon for a long, long time. I was a little dorm dwelling borderline alcoholic with a busted heart when Girls Can Tell came out, and I felt like it was pretty close to perfect music. I felt the same way about Kill The Moonlight, and then I got arrested stealing Gimme fiction, so I backed off for a bit. Ga ga GaGaGaGaGa got me back into them, and Transference was a good record that ended with their best song ever.

I've got a promo of They Want my Soul sitting in front of me, and it's good by my standards. Not as good as it could be, but good. I'm curious about how it will perform, now that most of their fans are in their mid-30's. I'm not sure it will grab any new, romantic 18-year olds by the balls like their first few albums did to me, but I'm hoping they get some much deserved rep for it.

Anyone planning on buying it? Any former Spoon fanboys and girls who are not planning on buying it?

Spoon. What a stupid name. But... Great band. Really.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|