View Single Post
Old 07.28.2014, 10:39 AM   #3587
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha. wide sargasso sea is the most famous for "theory" people (colonization! hybridity! wimmins!) and they made some crap movie out of it too. but i'd recommend her paris novels. e.g., after leaving mr. mckenzie, or good morning midnight (she has 4 of those total).

xix century novels were published in newspapers!! and everyone who could read read them-- there was no tv news, no radio, just the newspapers. they published poems too. now we have rap: bitchez & money. i'm not saying anything mcluhan didn't say already though. but i'm sure henry james helped sell plenty newspapers.

chekhov: i don't read russian so i can't know shit about his style but a couple of little stories i just read were awesome and hilarious and i want to read more. he saw people. the translations seem decent enought, it's a volume edited by richard ford ('merica! right?)

i'd start going off on how lispector was a jew just like joo but i'm not fond of literary nationalisms.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|