View Single Post
Old 07.26.2014, 06:01 PM   #3582
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Smoked some killer hash ten minutes ago.

But what the hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'm with El Symbols on this, the canon has been a target in univ literature departments for decades now. The tradition of the great white European male has been almost entirely banished from some departments, as they scramble to validate anything that represents its alternative. All in the name of some muddled top-down thinking about 'relevance'.

I understand, and I love the canon without apology.

All I mean is when lists like this are made, it all seems to be the same names.

Great names.

Names that should not be forgotten.

But names that perhaps I see a little too much. That's all. A bit of tedium on my part.

---

Really, I was just foolin' around with the charge of being politically incorrect.

Trust me, if I read one more story about some docile Asian women who somehow finds her true self in the course of the story, I'll pull my hair out.

---

Barnes' non-fiction meditation on death Nothing to be Afraid Of might tickle some pickles.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|